Saturday, October 20, 2012

05312012: Intramuros and National Museum

Months have passed since that last day of May this year when I roamed the streets of Intramuros then suddenly, it rained cats and dogs. I was at that time near NCCA so I went inside seeking refuge from the sudden downpour and found myself admiring this:


At that time, they were also holding the exhibit "Sining sa Buhay ng Tao" (Art in Life), centered on National Artist for Music Felipe Padilla de Leon. Said exhibit was from May 28 to July 16 of this year. I didn't know that this man had so many works! He had works for orchestra, violin solos, chamber, hymns both religious and secular, piano, opera, voice, etc.! And he even composed children's songs! Very impressive indeed!











The rain hasn't stopped yet when I decided to proceed to Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila to submit an important document. When I exited the gate near it, I realized I am near the National Museum of the Philippines so I dropped by the awesome place. As usual, I enjoyed the bare halls and interior designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment