Sunday, November 16, 2014

De-stressing in the Metro

With the many events suddenly happening week after week plus five regular workdays, it's hard to find time to pamper one's self. I already consider myself lucky for having opportunities to go out of Metro Manila frequently this year because the fresh mountain air revitalizes me and gives me that much needed boost to face the toxic urban jungle again.

Just yesterday though I met up with a college friend at Ace Water Spa. I was able to get discount vouchers from an officemate and I thought it would be a perfect place for us to find some quiet time together and just update each other on what's going on in our lives.

Ace Water Spa looks small from the outside. But when we got inside, this kiddo got giddy! The place was one awesome waterworld, reminding me of One Piece's Water 7 somewhat. I've never seen so much water in one of the metro's busiest cities.

We enjoyed each of the water spa's offerings in less than four hours, getting the most of the hydromassage most of all. We also tried the steam bath and the sauna but the sudden rise in temperature the moment you walk in was something my body couldn't stand. I still prefer the sauna room in an ex-officemate's condo because there we can adjust the room temperature and also opt for gradual temp increase.

We left feeling cleansed. That's what you get after dipping in the herbal pools, too. Then we walked to Banawe St where I initially planned to take her to Shangtsu but because I forgot where the exact location is, we had late lunch at T Cup Zone where I ordered a double Taiwan beef noodles. Boy was I surprised and delighted at the sight of the HUGE bowl! My friend had kung pao chicken rice meal. This happy kid just got her money's worth after devouring thick QQ noodles. Yum! (This is compensation for not being able to have ramen at Little Tokyo last Friday when I went to Makati. Apparently, the Japanese restos there open only during mealtimes.) Oh and I'd like to bring my sisters there so we can have our sisterly date.

One memorable thing about our date was that she commented at how I am always wearing T shirts. I don't understand what the issue is since I really just wear extra casual clothes (read: pambahay) on dates except when watching concerts and plays. She said, "then don't complain if boys wouldn't approach you!" Major OUCH!

That's why sometimes I hate talking about my non-existent love life, or even about my crushes.

And so she gave me the blue dress I borrowed when we were in Cambodia, plus another dress because she says she looks like a kiddo when in those dresses. Ah well, perfect for me since I enjoy looking young!

We parted ways at Quezon Avenue, with me going straight to SM North. I forgot yesterday was payday and when I got there I was ultra overwhelmed by the number of people. But I had to brave the crowds just for my banking needs. Of course a mall visit is never complete without going to NBS, Booksale, and Chris Sports. I held tight to my money though.

Then off to Fishermall where I was glad to see another event at the lobby. Seeing musicians there inspire me to do my best in playing the violin so that one day I will deserve the spotlight. There were also two exhibits there. One was on Pinoy inventions where I bought a manual heating pad and healing oil. (It was extra expensive but I was open to try the products, plus it's something I can definitely bring with me when out hiking or camping.)

Got home at 7pm. Despite not having enough sleep these past few days, I surprised myself at how I still found time to be with a friend, all for the sake of reconnecting with the right people. (In short, people who do not befriend you because of the material perks of being with you, but because they truly enjoy being with you. This is just the topic of my conversation with fellow officemates, about how people nowadays become friendly users and do not really care about their "friends". There are many who will label me as their friend but with whom I cannot feel even the slightest care nor concern unless they need me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment