Friday, January 23, 2015

First Dampa Experience: Super Wok 01212015

An uncle and his wife visited from Hong Kong and I learned about it just last Tuesday night when my sister was asking me if I could join them for dinner. Of course I'd say yes! I was going to give them some pasalubong for my cousins back in HK!

My family already chose Super Wok Restaurant in Macapagal Blvd. near SM Mall of Asia. I was super excited (even though I feel fatigued after not having rested fully after Pulag) since it was my first time and I LOVE seafood a LOT. So imagine my brimming happiness which almost brought me to tears as I laid eyes on lobsters and prawns and fish.


lobster costing P2000/ kilo... (I can't afford!!!)

prawns... my fave!

fish be with me... FOREVAH!
these huge ones cost around P4000/ kilo (okaaaay I really do want to cry again as I type...)
 After purchasing seafood at the marketplace, we headed back to the restaurant to weigh everything and give cooking instructions to the waitress. I'm glad my mom ordered for halaan soup, perfect for a cold night. This came after the pancit canton. And then one by one our orders came: sotanghon with crabs, calamares, baked scallops with cheese, steamed lapulapu, shrimps in spicy sauce, fried rice, pan fried salmon, and hot tea.

the place

my plate with sotanghon and crab and calamares, two of my favorite things

calamares

baked scallops with cheese

shrimps in spicy sauce... YUMMY!

steamed lapulapu in mild soy sauce... a WINNER!
I loved everything! But knowing how much we spent for just one dinner is quite debilitating. I wouldn't want to shell out that much money just for a meal. On second thought, it was all worth it since the seafood was fresh and everything was well-cooked, except perhaps for the salmon. Mom does a better job of cooking it.

Will I go back? For the lobsters, yes! I will have to be extra thrifty from now on though. Maybe I can start saving P20 per day and then after 130 days I will have saved enough for a lobster treat. But considering the distance, I'll probably just end up looking for a dampa place nearer to home.


No comments:

Post a Comment