Friday, November 27, 2015

Me Love You Long Time- Maginhawa, QC

So for the second time I let a friend talk me into dating someone whom I know nothing about save what my friend tells me. A former officemate thought of it last week when we had dinner at Pancake House in Gateway Mall so I could get the art materials I bought in HK. Those stuffs she brought back to Manila for me since I didn't pay for luggage. (Yes, I had to cut costs following my consecutive travels this year leaving me almost penniless at the end of every month.)

So anyway, I won't write about the guy. I'm more focused on the food. LOL. BECAUSE imagine my excitement when I discovered that Z Compound in Maginhawa is actually hiding Me Love You Long Time, an establishment that offers Thai and Vietnamese fare! I still couldn't get over not being able to afford all the nice food I saw at the Legaspi Sunday Market. I must confess that every once in a while those yummy spring rolls haunt me. My favorite tom yum soup, whenever it pops in my head, makes me so distracted I can barely function as a normal human being. As for pad thai, I am still happy to have visited my fave stall in MCS.

So two days ago, I had my fill yet again of my beloved tom yum and pad thai. (I'm glad my date was cool with Southeast Asian food and was also game with walking. Lately it's just sooo hard to get me walking because of the terrible air pollution. UGH!) Me Love You Long Time's pad thai readily satisfies my craving for that peanutty taste in noodles. The tom yum is too thick for my taste and I prefer it less creamy. It had five pieces of shrimps, all eaten by yours truly because the date eats only shrimp tempura. It lacks the special aroma of lemongrass, which is a bit disappointing, but then again, you don't get to see that many Thai food in the Philippines... (Now I'm reminded of Thai Manila, a resto near Tomas Morato where my sisters and I had one of our sisterly dinner dates but which closed down a few months after... I so miss their tom yum and red milk tea.)

After dinner we chatted about A Song of Ice and Fire and what a geek he was! And because it's been more than a year since I watched GoT (stuck in season 2) and read Book 4 (which I only sneaked in my reading schedule and for the past 3 years I have been more into non-fiction...). So embarrassing as it may sound, I felt stupid at how badly I recall names but remember the events. For instance, it took me a while to get BRB which I initially was saying "Freedom Fighters" then "Brothers without Borders", to "Black and White Brothers". All I remembered was that it was a group of outlaws headed by a man who had died only to be resurrected by a red priest. O.O

Unlike earlier this year when I was not at ease with going out with someone I don't personally know, I think I'm beginning to relax and just enjoy all these stupid dating games. And I have to say that because he agreed to walk with me I discovered a new route for getting home via Kamias. Now isn't that a pleasant surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment