Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Start in My Life

It's January 1. A fresh start all over again.

It's amazing how I spent the last day of 2012. I woke up early to report for duty, working home-based while chatting up with new friends on Facebook. I cannot help but laugh out loud at their crazy jokes, corny though most may be.

And then suddenly my sisters invited me to go shopping with them. We hit the mall and shopped under time pressure. I had a hard time resisting the temptation, seeing that my 2012 expenses show my extravagance and uneconomical living. In the end, two pairs of jeans and a pair of sandals won me over. I so hate going to the mall. :(

Then we all went to grandma's house, as is the custom ever since I can remember. Reunion with food, gifts, laughter, and of course, a game of mahjong. I lost big time but still am lucky not to be bankrupt.

Just to share a post I made on Facebook:


And almost nonstop chatting with my tourmates. I so miss them. One stands out whom I miss so much that I dream about him. Still the hopeless romantic that I am, but now a bit wiser in matters of the heart. Maybe I'm not cut out to have a romantic partner. That's be so totally bitterly heart-wrenching, not being able to be loved by the person whom you love. On the brighter side, here I am, hoping that 2013 will be favorable for me especially in romantic affairs.

Coz really I do feel so free now, after months of trying so hard to accept that my ex-crush has found the love of his life and I was there foolishly waiting and hoping blindly with almost zero rationality. Months after the bitter revelation, I find myself ready to mingle, ready to jump in at the chance to fall in love again, no matter how bumpy the ride may be.

Having experienced being away from my family several times this year made me cherish the people around me a bit more than before. Seeing them again for example, after joining the last San Juan, Batangas excavation, was epic. I could feel my parents really missed me.

I have had wonderful memories of 2012. Perhaps because it's a Dragon Year and those born under the Dragon sign are supposed to experience good luck. While I evidently didn't have that much of luck with me, I still am happy to have been through many challenges as these help me grow as a person.

This 2013, I will embrace again whatever life throws at me. So, 2013, please do start in my life right here, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment