Friday, April 19, 2013

Pimples and Body Fats


Just this week, while an officemate and I were talking about pimples and creams available in the market, I asked her what toners do and their difference from facial wash and moisturizers. Toners, she said, can dry the skin, so it’s good for pimples. But after using toners, one has to apply moisturizers. Also, she adds, it’s not true that if one’s face is oily, toners would be the remedy. The face would be forced to produce more oil because the skin suddenly becomes dry, thus making one’s skin oilier.

There’s a solution to losing fats! I just had to quip. I explained that if that’s the case, then tummy fats can be used up if ever there comes a point wherein the amount of skin oil is at its limit. The body should be able to use up unwanted fats from other parts of the body just so the skin can produce oil to prevent itself from dryness.

And yes, she laughed at me and at my weird idea.

It’s just that my mind is so playful that I always come up with weird ideas like this. J

No comments:

Post a Comment