Saturday, May 24, 2014

Untitled 004

I just submitted my first draft article for the Wikimedia Cultural Heritage Mapping Project less than an hour ago. Not sure if I was doing it right but it's my first time and I'm quite open to feedback and comments. I just hope they comment on my work soon so I can revise as needed and start working on my two other articles.

Lately I've become preoccupied with the project that I've been staying up late for consecutive nights, something I haven't done in a while since I quit school. Maybe I just love the adrenaline rush in beating deadlines, more maybe I just crave intellectual pursuits. But this I know, even if I don't get certified in the project, at least I learned a lot, and met new people in the process. Plus, at least it made me get to know more about my city. 

For one, last week I discovered a very nice church. I never thought we had one like that near where I live. While there, I was just amazed at how old the structure was. So much history and yet very few knew of it. While walking through its corridors and sneaking into doors, I thought to myself, this could very well be my playground! Suddenly I found a sanctuary.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this gem in a place where I wasn't expecting much. Looks pretty new to me.
Also last week, I was back in UST with a newfound friend whom I first met in Pulag and whom I met again in the Wikimedia seminar. We first shopped at NBS Cubao since the store was having a sale. I got to purchase two cool art books among others, one focusing solely on my fave painter Titian. Then we took the LRT 2, got off at Recto and walked all the way to UST. My last visit in the university was during the Lumina Pandit exhibit, when UST was celebrating its 400th anniversary. Now everything looks better with the tiled plaza. I often thought, what if I went to UST instead of to UP? I would probably be very much inspired being surrounded by old structures but I guess I wouldn't be that comfortable with myself since it was only in UP where I got to meet like-minded fellows, people who are not afraid to be themselves, weird they may be. Plus, the intellectual climate in UP in incomparable. 


unfortunately, they allowed the construction of a condominium near UST. tsk tsk tsk!
Another plus is finally getting to try the Thai restaurant near UST. This Thai resto, located near Dapitan, serves cheap but delicious food. I can still remember the peanutty pad thai and their tom yum. I wish the tom yum is made more sour and spicy. 

These days, being busy is not a problem. I'm wishing for extra 5 hours each day so I can start reading the books I recently bought. I'm also excited to write about my Batanes adventure but I guess that will have to wait. Deadlines first. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment