Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bohol 03012014 Day 4

Our last day in Bohol started with cheap breakfast at a carinderia in Panglao, near where Ging Ging's Hotel. Because I wasn't that hungry that early, I only had an order of ampalaya, half cup of rice, egg, and free soup, which cost me only P29. Maybe my subconsciousness was telling me I was spending far too much with last night's expensive dinner at Bohol Bee Farm.



We hired a habal-habal for half a day, stopping by the wonderful Hinagdanan Cave first. Entrance fee is P25 per person. Staff also charges P5 for parking. It was a pretty small limestone cave, but a beautiful one at that. I especially love how sunlight comes filtering through the cracks, illuminating the cave and making it look rather divine. And the cool still waters provided us much respite from the heat outside. I dipped in the pool for quite a while just to experience the fresh waters.


cave paintings of snakes with human heads
Now what fascinates me the most about Hinagdanan Cave is the paintings of snakes on the walls! It's my first time to see rock art. (I live in Metro Manila but I have yet to see the Angono Petroglyphs.) From the look of it, the painting doesn't seem to be that old. Still, the subject is quite interesting. Why paint snakes? I wonder what the artist had in mind when he made this? They remind me of nagas.

Next we went to Dimaluan beach, which is more beautiful and more peaceful than boat-filled Alona Beach. The next time I'm visiting Bohol, I'll make sure to spend a night in this area. Entrance fee is P50 per person, plus P25 parking fee. Here I spied a French scuba diver whom I approached and conversed with. I just love the surprised look on a Westerner's face when they find an East Asian looking girl speaking French. LOL. I just wanted to practice my French since it's been a long time since I last used it. Anyway, while my buddy was enjoying the waters, I found refuge under a big tree and read a book. My idea of beach bumming doesn't involve getting burnt.

under this tree I sat and read... and napped
 We headed back to our hotel before noon. As we were waiting for a jeep back to Tagbilaran, a taxi stopped by in front of us and asked to drop us off in the city for just a minimal fee. We grabbed the opportunity since it was very hot and the jeep was taking so long to arrive.

In Tagbilaran, we had lunch at Dong Juan. My buddy had a burger while I feasted on their gambas con ajillo pasta (P179). Yummy! We did some last-minute shopping at BQ Mall before we hit the airport to go back to chaotic Manila.

already missing this pasta. YUMYUMYUM!

Bohol Day 1
Bohol Day 2
Bohol Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment