Sunday, April 26, 2015

Stressed

I haven't been blogging a lot since the year started. Funny how one of my plans this year was to increase my blog posts but I found myself unable to do so due to my commitments.

A volunteer project is to end in four days and this month saw me racing against time to contribute as much as I can. When before my laptop was largely ignored in favor of my tablet just so I could read the news online, in April I worked nonstop on days when I came home early from work. There were just too many photos to edit and to upload, too many articles that need to be updated and created. I even allotted one Saturday and Sunday to just stay home and work on backlogs, same as what I am doing now as I type. [I'm taking a break from editing pics!]

Earlier this month I was able visit the light of my life and as soon as I finish all the requirements for the project I'm going to pay her another visit. I haven't been receiving news of her lately and everyday I think about her, stress slowly creeps into my system.

No wonder lately I have been experiencing morning sickness. It's very inconvenient especially when one is not accustomed to taking sick leaves. But what the hell, when you're attacked by it, you have no recourse but to stay in bed and wait until the headache subsides then you decide whether to report for work or not. It just so happens I need to do many things at work, too, since we're on a transition period (at least I think so...). 

And I blame those morning sicknesses to stress.

Not that I'm totally being affected. But you know how much work needs to be done and you can't just sit still and relax. I do that but only to prepare myself for nonstop work after. So my weekends have been allotted lately to just mapping and/or relaxing at home. No adventures for now until I finish all the requirements. Besides, I love what I'm doing, I love seeing my outputs. I love going down memory lane, laughing at the crazy misadventures and... the thought of meeting kindly souls in this materialistic world warms my heart.

And stress. People view stress as something negative. I don't. It's one of the ways to advance human civilization. It pushes one to act, to create a difference when nobody wants to step up to do all the dirty work. It is a means to improve one's self, not just in terms of managing it, but also in terms of making priorities. Ultimately, a healthy dose of stress is needed to keep ideas flowing.

Lately I am engaging in more musical activities than ever. I need music nowadays to relax and to soothe my [just recently broken] heart.

____________________________
More adventures once I finish the project. I miss the mountains and the sea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment