Saturday, July 11, 2015

Food Inventions Part 1

So I finally decided to chronicle my food inventions from hereon. People are often curious as to what I cook so I might as well share some of these. Just so happens that both involve mangoes.

panna cotta topped with mango slices
 Mango panna cotta was made with Nestlé Docello panna cotta mix. Okay I cheat a bit! Since I´m not one to follow cooking instructions, ratios are just approximated by yours truly. I got a liter of fresh milk to mix with the powder and have it boil. Let cool then top with mango slices then refrigerate.

fish fillet in spicy mango sauce
Fish fillet in spicy mango sauce has a funny anecdote to it. One night I was about to go to sleep when I suddenly remembered I haven´t prepared anything for the following day. So I got up, thawed the fish and cut it up, searched the fridge for "anything" and saw mangoes. I was reminded of the spicy mango vinaigrette I created last year with the lettuce I bought in Baguio. This time, what hit me was to cook something with mangoes for a change.

It's simple actually. Just prepare mango cubes. Sautée minced garlic in cooking oil, add fish and sear for some time then add the mango cubes. Add chili sauce as desired. The sweet and spicy tastes will leave one asking for more. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment