Sunday, August 2, 2015

Santa Cruz, Laguna

If you have read my earlier post on part 1 of my Laguna adventure, you probably are already aware that I went around the province to check out the churches. First stop was Santa Cruz, Laguna. I first came to know about this town for its quesong puti (cheese made from carabao's milk) which I like because it's not heavily salted.

first heritage structure we saw
A friend of my sister also resides in the town so when I got there I asked for her cellphone number from my sister so we could at least meet up there but she replied when J and I were already on our way to Nagcarlan.

We started our Santa Cruz trip asking around for directions to the Aglipayan Church where the famous wooden Marian image is located. On the way we had breakfast and since I was on tight budget (as always) I went for breaded chicken with rice for P50.

budget meal of fried chicken and rice
Off we went around town to see the churches both Catholic and Aglipayan.
facade of the Immaculate Concepcion Parish Church
altar
choir loft
ruins
Aglipayan Church
the Marian image in the wood


famed wooden Marian image adapted to the tainted glass
As we were leaving, we saw a procession with people spraying water at each other. Turns out to be a fiesta celebration! We were lucky people didn't think of spraying us water!

water celebration
Crossing the bridge, we came face to face with this grand mansion!

This constitutes my Laguna Trip Part 1, together with Nagcarlan, Liliw, and Majayjay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment