Monday, September 18, 2017

Vietnomnom and Some Childhood Memories

On the last Sunday of May after our annual pilgrimage to Antipolo, we headed to Maginhawa for lunch. Times like this, even though disputes with my father are endless, I know that there are times he wants to close the gap between us two. I was (probably still am?) his favorite, and he used to be my ally whenever my mother would pick on me. In my childhood days, I viewed my mother as a monster, and fantasized about my yaya being my real mother. My mother has always had a penchant for releasing her frustrations on me. When, as a young child, I saw my then five or six year old aunt on a pony in a photograph, I took the photo and claimed it was me. Memories are always blurred (that's why I keep this online journal) and they have a funny way of being remembered, like how that visit to a Vietnamese restaurant made me experience again that my father still loves me. (Coz you know, food is love.)

chicken bowl: a lovely mix of greens and meat on rice.

shrimp pomelo salad: cheaper here compared to other establishments. Super love the sauce. Also, super love the pomelo because it's not everyday that one gets to eat sweet pomelo. (And I remember someone special who brought two pomelos from Davao for me, the first (and last...) time he brought me something from his travels.)

mushroom roll: hands down my favorite in this resto!!!
This is a super late post. I normally let it pass when it's been a long time but then I want to document our food trips after the Antipolo pilgrimage. Last year it was at Alex III along Matalino St. The most memorable one is when I was in high school and we stopped at Grilla where I discovered my love for grilled food. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment