Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Willem Haenraets (1940- ?)

The heavens still shed tears and here I am surfing the net with the hope of finding something that would be of interest to me. Lately, I have been feeling a little hollow inside, with no Muse to inspire me.

Tonight while lurking in the forums, I chanced upon a painting by William Haenraets, an artist born in Rotterdam, Netherlands. I was instantly enamored of the soft pastels conjuring a dream-like apparition of a white horse alongside its mistress in white. The painting seemed to have captured in an instant the two crossing a shallow body of water.



Curious, I looked up the artist and found these two other paintings of his:


"Two Girlfriends II"

"Young Girl II"

These remind me of impressionist paintings of the 19th century, though of course, the theme here is obviously young girls.

Note: The images are not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment