Sunday, February 10, 2013

How to Love Her

An entry in my diary dated January 16, 2013 (Wed) says "I'm scared of falling in love. I'm scared of loving the wrong person. Worse, I'm scared of losing myself when in love."

Many times over, these have constantly appeared in my diaries whenever I would find myself liking someone, and it bothers me why I still am the same person I used to be, though a bit better I hope in terms of dealing with people.

Friends tell me this becomes a problem when combined with the fact that I am intimidating, or rather, boys are easily intimidated because of my strong personality and/or nerdy look. While I do admit that, I also do not hide my need for human companionship because it's what gives me strength. Because beneath the strong facade lies a sentimental heart, easily swayed, easily hurt. It's as simple as that, I am not what I appear to be, really.

And so I thought of this guide, which may be applicable to other girls as well.


How do you love her? Let me count the ways.

Amuse her. Share funny anecdotes. Make her smile. Make her laugh. Bring out her happy self. 

Astound her. Spark her interest in new things. Fuel her passion for things she is already interested in. 

Understand her. She is an enigma, her words cryptic. She is a wheel, with ever-changing moods. But do know that whatever comes out of her mouth, she seeks not to offend nor hurt anyone.

Above all, love her. And with love comes respect and trust. 

Sounds difficult, right?

There are a thousand ways more to show her you like her. Below are some simple ways:

Send her sweet messages.
Hold her hand.
Touch her cheek.
Hug her from behind, especially when she's feeling down.
Write her a poem or a love letter.
Read to her your favorite poems.
Sing to her you favorite songs.
Walk with her.
Appreciate her silence even when you're together.
Converse with her about anything under the sun and beyond.
Rest her head on your shoulder.
etcetera







No comments:

Post a Comment