Saturday, February 15, 2014

25 Songs for 25 Years of Solitude (Part 3 of 3)

Post-Valentine post will be continuation of my Valentine Project this year.

Continuing from Part 2

18. 許茹芸 獨角戲
For the inconsolable, being alone reminiscing the old times and being a bit more dramatic than ever is the way to cure a broken heart... (First listened to this song when I was young and it seemed to automatically play in my mind whenever I find myself uh... broken. So adopt this as your sentimental song as well.)
沒有星星的夜裡 我把往事留給你
如果一切只是演戲 要你好好看戲
心碎只是我自己

19. Wands- 世界が終わるまでわ
Get a high upon listening to this song's powerful intro, celebrate a "tragedy night" and cry as the song finishes. Don't you just love the powerful drums and guitar? (Watch the live performance but never mind the singer's appearance, just focus on the song and the guitar riff right after the second chorus! I wish I could see this song performed live as I have always imagined it to be in my mind...)

世界が終わる前に 聞かせておくれよ 
満開の花が 似合いの Catastrophe 
誰もが望みながら 永遠を信じない 
・・・なのに きっと 明日を夢見てる 
はかなき日々と この Tragedy Night 

20. 白鳥英美子- Melodies of Life
Forever a favorite. My most favorite of all the Final Fantasy songs. It's about holding on to memories. By all means watch the clip below and I... hope you cry (I'm sure you'll at least get teary-eyed!)

記憶の中の 手を振るあなたは
わたしの 名を呼ぶことが出来るの

21. 阿桑- 寂寞在唱歌
When loneliness sings, do you know what it sounds like? Its melody is soft but cruel. For good measure, listen to 阿桑's album of the same name.


天黑了 孤獨又慢慢割著 有人的心又開始疼了

22. Rikki- 素敵だね 
Another favorite from the Final Fantasy franchise rendered in a way that will crush any heart. Just the melody itself is enough, as expected from master composer 植松 伸夫. And this is another of those wonderful songs reminding people to beware illusions (which I think is the common theme in Japanese music).


その顔 そった触れて 
朝に溶ける 夢見る

22. KOH+- 最愛
Expect to be sad when listening to another case of unconditional love. Singer demands nothing from his/  her beloved though there is this deep desire to still him/ her again.
You may also see this live performance by 柴咲コウ or this one by her KOH+ partner 福山雅治. (Both of them are hot!!!)

愛さなくていいから 遠くで見守ってて
強がってるんだよ でも繋がってたいんだよ
あなたがまだ好きだから

23. 許茹芸- 心得
While many people brood over failed romances, this song actually uplifts one's spirits and instead of wallowing in self-pity, the singer convinces herself that whatever she learned from being brokenhearted can actually open to new possibilities. (And contrast this to #18 above!)


謝謝 每一個留下的傷痛
不要 懷恨他曾經那麼傷人
某天當你懂得打開心內一扇門
它會變成你對愛的心得

24.. Eagles- Desperado
This song struck a nerve the first time I listened to it. It tells one to open his/ her heart and to break down the barriers that keep him/ her from experiencing love. It is against the idea that being single is ultimate freedom, that being single is probably the loneliest thing in the world. (Ouch!)
Listen to Fujita Emi's version as well, which I like better. (Maybe I should create my own version entitled "Desperada"...)

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses? 
Come down from your fences, open the gate 
It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you 
You better let somebody love you, before it's too lat

25. 桑田佳祐- 明日晴れるかな
The key to happiness is in one's heart. I like the tender music, but most especially the positive message of this song.
奇跡のドアを開けるのは誰?
微笑みよ もう一度だけ
君は気付くでしょうか?
その鍵はもう 君の手のひらの上に


_________________
This took me one whole day to write because of very slow internet connection. Maybe it's fate's way of telling me that my romantic progress shall be slow and difficult. Ugh!


Previous: 25 Songs for 25 Years of Solitude (Part 2 of 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment