Thursday, July 31, 2014

June

How ironic that I'm writing about my June 2014 on the last day of July. Tonight as rain falls hard on the roof and as I wait for files to be copied to my external HD, I am blogging again. These days it's hard to sit down and write an article. Maybe I'm still overwhelmed by how fast things seem to be happening.

The first day of June was a Sunday, a day I finally had my violin recital. I thought it was to be done individually but turned out I'd be part of a group. While I initially looked forward to mingling with people my age, the moment I entered the rehearsal hall the day before, I was disappointed to see LOTS of kids. The age gap was sure to be one reason I won't mingle with anyone other than people my age. Not that I don't like kids but I'd find it tiring not to have something serious to talk about.

So anyway, the recital did push through though I must admit I thought things through really hard since I have had only 5 sessions and I wasn't sure if I could do it. But getting the James Bond theme piece from my teacher a week before the recital was of immense help as I tried to practice alone at home. Never mind that my bowing skills were still poor (by my standards... I think I could have done better). At least I survived my first group recital. I had already prepared with a more difficult piece, the opening song "Lilium" of Elfen Lied, but that will have to wait for my solo recital (hopefully in the VERY near future).

Then there was a trip to Baguio with a former office friend. It was fun since we got to try a lot of restaurants, but the afternoon rain did get in the way and we ended up hanging out indoors whether in mall, in restos, or inside the hotel. I was happy to have bought really cheap lettuce which lasted for a little over a week. Because of the lettuce, I was forced to create my own dips. I experimented with honey and sukang kurat (spiced vinegar from Quezon province), garlic mayo (despite the sudden exaggerated increase of garlic price), and spiced mango vinaigrette.

I had my haircut again though this time I wasn't depressed. Just that I needed to shorten my hair because combing suddenly became a chore and besides, I think having shorter hair can help me save on shampoo (lol).

A college friend and I finally found the time to meet up. After work, I rushed to Robinsons Manila where we chatter over dinner at Soi Fine Thai Cuisine. I still can't get over the pad thai I used to eat at MCS and also the Thai resto near UST. We had tom yum, fried spring roll (the best I've had so far, and the dip is super!), and pad thai chicken. It helped a lot that we both love almost the same type of food.

Our talk became serious when our topic shifted to love life (ugh!). Sometimes I don't wanna talk about it but there are times when talking about it can soothe my bleeding heart. (HUH???) Okay I am exaggerating a bit. But she did ask me one question nobody has ever asked me before, do I want to be single for the rest of my life? Ouch! I honestly don't know the answer to that because I am ambivalent about getting married. But I told her that I'm pretty sure I want to have a child of my own and/or adopt a child.

I think what rocked this month was my first ever time to experience a company wide team-building activity. Uber cool! I couldn't believe I was able to stay awake from night until early morning the following day. Live music was just sooooo SUPER COOL!!! I was more than inspired to practice playing the violin so that one day I can also play in front of an audience. I just hope they appreciate the music that I like to play.

It was also nice to have met with my office friends. We had dinner at Café Mediterranean in Greenbelt. I walked from the LRT to the mall so when I arrived I was drenched in sweat and needless to say, extremely hungry. After that, I slept over at my friend's and the following morning was able to get some documents from my previous company. A few days later, we met again for a little chat and a little swim.

Of course, a month doesn't end that easily without a date with my sister. Our choice of restaurant was Shangtsu in Banawe. My sisters and I love the little place for its homey meals but unfortunately the other sister couldn't make it so there was only the two of us. We had a bowl of beef noodles, a platter of dumplings, and oyster omelet. We're not too happy with the omelet because the whole thing disintegrates fast upon contact with chopsticks. The taste is okay though so I will still want to go back in here.





No comments:

Post a Comment