Saturday, July 12, 2014

Batanes 05122014 Day 5

Day 5 in Batanes was spent waking up early in the morning to have a nice long morning walk to Shanedel Inn to have breakfast. I picked the place because it is near Basco Cathedral and my target destination, the NCIP, where I was hoping to buy books and/or gather more information about Batanes.

longganisa, sunny side egg, garlic rice, and tomatoes + a cup of Milo (P170) 
Since I came there too early, I decided to stay and just enjoy the nice vew. I watched planes take off, ships coming and going, while eating my simple breakfast. At 7:45AM I walked to NCIP.


Although I failed in my mission to procure materials for the Wiki project, I was still glad to have come to NCIP office. It houses artifacts and cultural items and I think these will be put on display in the National Museum branch they are planning to put up in Batan Island.



Then off to the airport to reunite with my buddy who had already checked in ahead of me. As I stepped out of the tricycle, I heard a couple talking about buying garlic. Without hesitation I asked them to buy an extra bunch for me as well. (Talk about befriending strangers before going home!)



I successfully got my garlic in Manila, happy to have these spices. I was already thinking of things to cook on my way home. Flight was delayed so I was not able to drop by UST to meet a friend and discuss about our respective projects. Was so tired from the heat and from lack of sleep so I napped upon reaching home.

Batanes Day 1
Batanes Day 2
Batanes Day 3
Batanes Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment