Monday, August 11, 2014

Happy Ghost Month

August 10, 2014 is mid-Chinese Ghost Month (15th day of the 7th month in the lunar calendar). On this day, the Chinese believe that mischievous spirits come out from hell to roam the realm of mortals and cause accidents and bad luck.

The day before, I went to Trinoma to watch two movies. I did experience a series of unfortunate events though I was still lucky if you will consider the small things. For one, traffic in EDSA was heavy so it took me long to get to MRT. Even though I ran all the way to the cinema area, I lost to the fates. Long lines greeted me and I wanted to cry.

So instead of watching a Cinemalaya movie, I watched a Marvel one instead. After that, I was 7 minutes late for the second movie because I got lost. (Yeah, still the P-chan...) I was disappointed with the two-piece Bon Chon chicken meal I had after the movies. I almost tripped on a big piece of wood lying on the street on the way home. I cooked a lousy version of smoked salmon pasta. I even accidentally poured hot water on my wrist!

So on August 10, I stayed home and helped in the ceremonies. Boy did I wash so many dishes that one day! It was tiring and the day was hot. I also experienced my first time to chop a whole chicken. At least it was cooked.

But whatever bad luck that came my way, I found solace in my violin. Being able to play again gave me such joy. Music certainly has that magical touch to ease the burden of being a mortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment