Saturday, August 30, 2014

Never Let Me Go

Never let me go, for if I go there is no turning back.

In this world inhabited by more than seven billion people, there's a very very slim chance of me meeting you, of you meeting me. Fates make people cross paths but ultimately people should decide whether to keep in touch or not.

I always believed in keeping friends for as long as I live. Even though spatial distance keeps us apart, even though we no longer meet everyday nor do we do the things that we used to do, even though we meet new people, we promised never to forget each other. But time sure has a way of making people forget. Empty promises, words said so sweetly during farewells but not fulfilled to the last letter. Tell me how do I cope with such when I try to reach out to you and yet you continue to shun me, as if we never met, as if you never said those kind and thoughtful words you said when we said goodbye. It would have been better if you gave me the cold shoulder that day we parted ways so I'll know that you wouldn't want to be bothered anymore.

I remember not being mushy when I left. I never said anything because I didn't want to promise anything. Because I know that even if I don't promise anything I will still reach out. Because my heart never forgets. My heart always longs for those old days when we can be happy together being silly being childish, just being us with no thoughts about the world.

But I'm tired of being lied to EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm tired of being with people who say one thing and mean the other. I'm tired of always being the one to reach out and yet all I get are excuses and most times, cold silence. It's just not fair that I should always be the one to chase you. Does that make you feel happy or superior, to have someone like me chasing you? I never thought you could be that shallow and insecure.

I guess you just can't tell me you didn't like me at all. I don't even know why you used to hang out with me. Is it because you knew that everybody can be my friend even though not everybody is actually a friend to me? I cannot imagine how you can pretend to be happy when you're with me, don't you get tired at all?

I just don't get why people can' be honest with their feelings.

Never let me go. On the other hand, I'm letting myself go. For when there is no longer trust, there's no meaning in staying and trying to keep the relationship afloat. Let it sink. Let it sink. Let it forever sink into the depths of memories that no man shall ever uncover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment