Thursday, August 31, 2017

CIBO and Ticket to Ride

Yesterday, I didn't report for work. I found it difficult to focus since I still thought of him a lot. I shouldn't but I couldn't help it. Downloading many of Ajahn Brahm's witty and humorous videos should help IF I found the time to listen to his lectures, especially on letting go and regaining peace. But then many things are in my mind these days and he should no longer be competing with these things. (For one, there's paper revision, then there are projects at the office to take care of, and then there are personal things I also need to address especially concerning our transfer to a new  house.)

So yesterday I went back to Makati. It's the third time this month that I took the MRT to go south. I was on a mini break to do errands. Since the places I need t o visit are near my former office place, I contacted my close friends for a quick meetup and maybe even lunch. It was nice to be around such people again. They have these day jobs, but they also live a very productive life outside of work. Most of them are musicians. One is even a recent Palanca awardee. A very close friend K is very good at art. Two I know to be good at sketching and drawing. I never felt like I was different although I was not really the creative type, but then I was a bit of everything, but mostly the nerdy one.

Being able to catch up with A and K2 was something I really hadn't planned carefully. It just so happened that I was visiting at a time when A was on her last day in the company. K was out of town. K2 was aloof as usual. Since A will be leaving the country today, I joined her in her last-minute shopping. Crazy girl as always. But she has guts and I like her for that. After my errands, I asked K2 is he was willing to accompany me for late lunch at Cibo since the resto was having a promo (today's the last day) that I wouldn't  want to pass up. Thankfully he said yes. I actually just wanted to have a long talk with him since he was one of the very few people who was with me when things went downhill last year. And he himself has issues of his own. So it really wasn't a surprise that we would have a  very long conversation given that we rarely chat and meet. I was a bit happy when he told me compared to last year I looked more relaxed. I told him I'm regaining my Buddhistic attitude in life, to detach and let go, and shared to him the outlook hoping he finds it beneficial, too.

pesto pasta. YUM! (and also because it's one of the cheapest in the menu... I am on a tight budget!!!)

K2's cake. yum yum

Then off to school only to find that our prof was not in. My HS friends and I agreed to run around UP since we all are complaining about our figures. (My arms are flabbier than ever that I feel like I have a  pair of batwings. Boo.) As alternative, I proposed that we go shoot some arrows instead since it's been 10 years since I last held a bow. And this archer definitely can profit from the activity to release all the pent up anger. But they arrived late. I eve finished doing three out of sixteen units of homework.

So we ended up at a games restaurant where we played Ticket to Ride Europe version plus several rounds of Exploding Kittens. I felt like a master after winning. I am already in love with the game. So now, I have this and Resistance as my favorite. Hoping to play more games.


*****************************************
My dear college friend R and her friends (who are also my friends now, by extension) introduced me to the wonderful board game Ticket to Ride. The goal is to be able to complete the routes that you picked taking into consideration limited resources (train coach pieces) as well as the possibility that other players may need to place their train coaches on the same lines. It's a pretty cool strategy game but sad to say, I sucked when we played the US version. I guess I must be bringing my anti-US stance to the game. LOL. So when we shifted to Europe version, that's when I was able to shine. Or maybe it was sheer luck.

Today I went to the archery range to let go of arrows. I am in bad shape but I know I can improve. Also planned to fire some bullets but the shop was already closed. I will have to visit Cubao for that. Boo. :(

#RoadtoMovingOn (because he doesn't want to be in a relationship with me anyway, so what's the use of holding on?)

No comments:

Post a Comment