Friday, January 3, 2020

Hugs to Marawi 09012017

Reminiscing about the past while accidentally opening a folder of photos from my heartbroken years (2015-mid-2019), I  chanced upon some photos of my stuffed toys. In September 2017, exactly on Eid-ul-Adha, I once again stood as one with our Muslim brothers and sisters. It was a holiday and instead of  resting or working on my papers, I jumped at the opportunity to help out in packing donations to be sent to Marawi. (Just a brief background, ISIL supporters and Maute militants captured Marawi in May 2017 and battles ensured between them and the armed forces, resulting in the destruction of the city and evacuation of its residents. As of the moment, rebuilding the city is on-going.) The nearest venue for me was Sto. Domingo Church where I met the resident father in 2015 in a volunteer trip to the north and where I have been volunteering whenever my schedule permits.


September of 2017 also saw us packing and moving things nonstop as we move to a new house far up north. It was a decision made by our parents with the express approval of my eldest brother, the only one who seemed to be fine with moving out of the heart of QC. At that time, I decided that the suffed toys I have accumulated over the years will have to go. Never mind the sentimental value, I will have a lot of explaining to do to my friends who gave me these stuffs knowing I love anything cute. But they have to go and it's time new arms take care of them rather than have them gather dust. So before I give them away, I took photos of the important ones, which I share in this post.

Modoki and Kon which I got on my 18th birthday from my ever-supportive HS friends

Giggle Bunny, my first stuffed toy from my Ninong. 

The scented white bear was from someone who had a crush on me in HS, the brown one was a graduation gift from a close friend. I think the white seal is my sister's....

We packed all these children's books. Tiring work but totally fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment