Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sick

It's the third time this year that I got sick. The first was in the first half of October. One day after a drink in Intramuros after an excavation, I came home with a fever. The second was just last week when I arrived home from work feeling all exhausted and dead tired from the long commute. The third is this week, for three days already. The fever's almost gone, but the sore throat sucks. I hate it.

The suspect is the Red Bowl I ate in UP Diliman. It's located in Foodtrip Strip. That's what I call that road where Lutong Bahay, Lutong Kapitbahay, Universi-tea, my fave Cocina ni Mamang, and several others, can be found. I was primarily attracted to the P35 meal. At that time I was short on money so finding a cheap meal was bliss.

Turned out to be hell. It's got LOTS of vetsin, and it did me great pain. As soon as I arrived home, I went straight to my room and was asleep in seconds. When I woke up later at night, I wasn't feeling well. And I could smell MSG in my urine. Imagine that. So the only remedy I thought of was water therapy. I drank lots and lots of water. Almost every 30 minutes I took in fluids, just to flush out any remnant of MSG in my system. Yes, I freaked out. I never liked vetsin.

And yes I am traumatized by the experience. I'm going back to bringing packed lunch. There should be something that regulates the use of MSG. The DOH and FDA should do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment