Sunday, April 1, 2012

Puerto Galera (March 3)

Last March 3-4, I was in Puerto Galera with a dear friend. Her Photojournalism class had a field trip and when talking about it one day in February, I asked her if I could tag along. I love field trips. But the honest truth is that I just need to get away from all the toxicity in the fast-paced urban life. I needed a break from all the stress heaped upon my system. And more importantly, I wanted to reward myself for a job well done since I was able to receive my grades for two required classes and this translated to my being eligible for graduation.

Since it was my first ever time to commute on a field trip, I was overly excited. My friend and I met at Philcoa at around 7am and we were in JAM Liner bus terminal at Kamuning by 7:30am, thirty minutes earlier than the appointed time. We left at 9:30 am after everyone was already in the terminal. The fare to Batangas port was P175.

After about two hours and a half, we were already in the Batangas port. We paid P280, including environment fee, for the ride.


 Since there was not much to do aside from looking out to the blue sea, I decided to just relax and take a nap. When I woke up, we were already on our way to White Beach. Wonderful sights greeted us. 




A lot of people got off at this point and then we resumed the trip to the other side of Puerto Galera to get to Villa Fernandez Resort. This resort is located at specifically at Palangan and is managed quite efficiently by owner whom we fondly call Papa Jers.

Villa Fernandez maximizes space by turning the sloping land on which it sits as an advantage.  The downside is that the steps of the stairs are too small.

We got there in the afternoon and made plans for the duration of our stay. The main reason for the trip is to go to the Malasimbo Festival. But then again, because of its P1000 entrance fee, some of us decided to just go to the beach and go on a food trip.

That afternoon, my friend and I took a dip at the pool located at the top part of Villa Fernandez. It was a tiring climb. We relaxed on the cool waters though truth be said, we weren't  too happy with a hose and a pole in the waters with us.

We ate a quick early dinner afterwards and then headed to the beach. Since my friend and I already took a bath, we decided to just stay on the beach and amuse ourselves in the sand. We also watched a couple of fire dancers. They were so cool and sexy!!!





The best part is when I monitor the movements of the moon. The swiftly travelling clouds created the illusion that the moon was the one travelling fast. It was like chasing after a lady love.


And here I am enjoying a cool night at the beach.


Later on, we bought some grilled squid from this kiosk. It was fun eating grilled squid on the sands. It felt like one of those camping nights I've had as an undergraduate.


Before heading back to the resort, we had pizza in this place. The pizza may not be that expensive but the beverages are. Imagine paying P30 for a can of fruit juice!




(This is a rather late post, mainly due to my busy schedule involving academics and work. Watch out for my next blog post about our second day in Puerto Galera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment