Saturday, July 14, 2012

Japanese Online Vocabulary Test


I took this test to see how familiar I am with Japanese words. Then again, this test fails in that a user who knows Chinese will rely on his/ her knowledge of Chinese rather than of Japanese and thus defeats the purpose. On a positive side, it helps in acquiring new vocabulary as one sees the range of Chinese-inspired words. I for one, increase my vocabulary by means of association with known words from different languages.

One suggestion though is that futagana be used so that those who need to brush up on their kanji may learn how to pronounce the words while taking the test.

Oh, and I stopped because it's already late and I don't know what time I will finish with an almost 5,000 item test. I guess I'll just have to look for other quizzes available online.

No comments:

Post a Comment