Monday, July 30, 2012

Sudden Images of a Beautiful Past

There are days when it is easy to get depressed especially on rainy days when every patter of rain seems like  a batch of daggers aiming for a stab at one's heart.

But then something strange happened today. I suddenly thought of people who I haven't seen in years who have shown me goodness.

For instance, a highschool friend who used to drop me and my sisters at home after school despite the many times I was terribly unkind to her.

Or aunts who used to be buy children's books for me and my siblings.

Or a student younger than me who brings out her hanky to wipe the sweat on my forehead after seeing me run around the school

Or that boy in my elementary class who gave me a sheet of paper when I suddenly realized I had forgotten to bring mine, and despite the fact that I was hated for being too active in class.

Or that sweet girl friend of mine who used to treat me to hotdogs during recess.

Or the funny guy whose name I cannot even recall who danced the "Johnny Bravo Dance" with me when we were in grade school.

Or those people who sincerely wished me good luck everytime I enter a contest.

And I always thought that the past is not so good, that it is full of tragic moments. In my mind, these memories of wonderful people and the seemingly little things which have brought me joy are and will be preserved well.

No comments:

Post a Comment