Sunday, September 1, 2013

Casa Armas 08232013

After four consecutive days of working from home due to Typhoon Maring, we finally experience better weather and so I asked my friend E out for dinner in Greenbelt. The two of us have been food buddies since early this year and we make it a point to have dinner once in a while and catch up on each other's lives. I especially love the fact that we share many similarities. We both can't live without books, food (okay this is a necessity), cooking, and experiencing new things. The only big difference in our lives now is that E has found a possible love interest and I still am happily single.

That time, we opted for Casa Armas which is near my office. We had beans and beef stew which had generous tender beef pieces. This dish reminds me of my favorite monggo but the addition of beef adds extra flavor. The spanish sausage also included in the stew is nicely made though I can't seem to find anything special in it.

The tortilla española was also very good. It's got the usual small potato cubes and it feels like eating soft hash brown. What I like about this in particular is that it's not oily.

The Marinera spaghetti is a tricky one. At first glance I thought that maybe I wouldn't like it due to lack of color. (Okay, judge me for being judgmental!!!) It looks like Chinese birthday canton to me. I tasted a forkful and found very little flavor. But when I scooped up bits of seafoods, it feels like heaven.

We skipped dessert because we were very full.

No pics because we were so engrossed in our conversation about the academe, our careers, future plans, etc. that when food came, we just attacked and continued conversing.

No comments:

Post a Comment