Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Batanes 05092014 Day 2

Day 2 of our Batanes trip was spent in Sabtang Island. We decided to spend a night there just to have a feel of what it's like to sleep in an Ivatan stone house.

The tour includes a quick visit of San Vicente Church, a walk through Savidug where stone houses abound. The best part is the Chamantad-Tinyan Viewpoint where we spent a lot of time taking pictures. The place is just soooo beautiful that I'm hoping I get proposed to in that place (LOL!). We also visited the Sabtang Weavers Association where we saw how they make the traditional Ivatan headdress called Vakul.

San Vicente Ferrer Church
Chavayan stone houses
Chamantad-Tinyan Viewpoint: one of the best places in Batanes that you wouldn't want to miss!
After getting tired from all the walking up and down Chamantad-Tinyan, all we could think about was the promised lobster for lunch which is already included in the tour package. We certainly had a feast, eating delicious food to our heart's content. I forgot all about my diet!

lunch
While others played at the beach, most of us lay down under the famous arch of Nakabuang beach to have our afternoon nap. It drizzled but only for a short period of time. While in the moment, I thought of not gong back to Manila because it felt like heaven being in such a wonderful place.
Nakabuang beach and its famous arch
My travel buddy and I said goodbye to our tourmates in Nakabuang beach as they headed back to Batan Island. As for us, we rented a trike to take us to other parts of Sabtang not covered by the tour. We stopped by Sumnanga, curious why it's called "Little Hongkong" but we weren't able to figure out the reason behind the nickname. I walked the entire stretch of the coastline and could only come up with a theory: that the part of the sea there resembles Hongkong bay. That is the only thing I could think of since Sumnanga is in no way modern compared to Hongkong. Another thing about the coastal town: I have to note that the area was pretty much devastated, they say , by last year's typhoons. 

part of Sumnanga overlooking the sea
We also visited Nakanmuan but there isn't much to see in the barangay. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the very long ride. The breeze, the waning heat of the sun, the excellent sceneries, now what more can you ask for? Did I say that the young tricycle driver who toured us has wonderful taste in music? He played MLTR songs!!! I thought my heart would burst with happiness. :)

That night, I washed my clothes since our host has a washing machine. We slept in the receiving area of our host's house, with the door wide open. Still the summer heat made us sweat a lot. We were also lucky because our host cooked chicken tinola and invited us for dinner. We didn't find any restaurant in the barangay.


Take me to your heart, take me to your soul.
Give me your hand and hold me.

Show me what love is, be my guiding star.
It's easy; take me to your heart.
#LSS

Batanes Day 1

Batanes Day 3
Batanes Day 4
Batanes Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment