Thursday, December 11, 2014

Golden Beach, Tien Mun, HK

After a quick lunch at Whampoa following our brief hike in Dragon's Back, all I wanted to do was lie down in bed and sleep. It's not out of exhaustion, hell I was game for more hiking. It was more because I was drained of energy after having had to go back to the city. My cousin-in-law wanted us to join them for lunch in Whampoa.

Because of the incident in Shek O earlier, I was really in no mood to mingle with my relatives. I was questioning why the hell I had to forego my travel plans for the sake of kinship. Of course it doesn't help that I wasn't really that close to my relatives. Add to that the fact that my happiness and freedom were taken away the moment they snatch me from nature.

And the beach has nothing spectacular about it. All the while I thought of the beaches in Bohol and in Palawan and HK just pales in comparison. HK may have all those impressive skyscrapers and they may have heritage buildings intact but when it comes to beaches, I will vote PH without hesitation.


Except Golden Beach at least has this wonderfully constructed hotel. It's the first thing that caught my eye when we got out of the cab and it was the last image n my mind after my first ever foray into the New Territories. 


While my nephews and nieces and aunt and cousins were playing in the sands under the hot afternoon sun, I opted to take solitary time to rest. My refuge was sloping ground under the trees which provided ample protection from the harsh sun. I'm not a fan of sunbathing and I didn't bring any sunblock with me, so my only option was to stay under the shade.

After all that I've been through that day, I was still happy to have seen one beach in HK. Seeing it certainly made me proud of Philippine beaches, gems of our country which, I hope, will be protected for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment