Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ramen Nagi, SM North EDSA

A week after my birthday, my favorite food trip buddy/ sister decided to finally grant me my heart's desire to eat ramen. Since Ramen Nagi opened in SM North, I have been persuading her to treat me there. She always tells me there's nothing special about the ramen and that it's just full of MSG. I know it was, based on previous experiences but I would also like to believe that somewhere out there, my perfect ramen is just waiting for me to discover it.

akai ramen (spicy)
 We shared a bowl of akai ramen and a order of seared dumplings. The ramen was very flavorful as expected and the pork meat was tender. Still, in the end I told my sister that I love Chinese noodles better than ramen, because of the unique spices in Chinese ramen. Japanese ramen is just too vetsiny for my taste.

seared dumplings
Because I am a fan of seared dumplings, we just had to have an order. I have never criticized any seared dumpling before and this one is equally spared. I think this is the only reason I will go back to ramen houses since Chinese restaurants usually just have steamed ones. (And I don't like fried ones that much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment