Sunday, May 31, 2015

Manaoag: Pangasinan Mapping Part 1

After a quick mapping of Binmaley, we went to Dagupan for a quick lunch at a carinderia in the transportation hub. It's got my favorite adobong pusit and the free bulalo soup was one of the best I've had.

We hopped on a van to Manaoag which is known for its church Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary of Manaoag. I've been there when I was a high school student when I was still a super devout Catholic. My mom and her Catholic friends had a sort of field trip then and she took me with her. She told me amazing stories about how photos of the image of the Virgin Mary would appear blank. At that time, I didn't own any camera so poor me couldn't try it out.

The moment we saw the church, we were overwhelmed to see a big crowd. It felt like visiting Antipolo Church in May! And the immediate surroundings of the church! How commerce seemed to fluorish as one sees many products being sold: woven stuffs, fans, oils, religious articles, candles... I was baffled at how people can consider doing business in a sacred place.

Church of Manaoag
 The past few weeks prior, I had also been busy looking for a travel buddy to go to Manaoag with me since I have been so desperately in need of miracles at this time in my life while the Light is slowly fading and I felt helpless. This was the perfect chance to participate in mass and I asked my buddy if she could map on her own while I stayed inside the church. We were to meet after an hour.

choir loft
 She said yes and so I was able to hear Sunday mass. I always consider it important to visit churches when I travel and to hear mass as much as possible. In Manaoag, I offered a fervent prayer, hoping for a big miracle.

altar
 I don't know if the Heavens will grant my prayers but I have decided early on that whatever happens, it is the Will of the Heavens and I dare not contest it. I have put my faith in the Supreme Being knowing His immense goodness.

exposed bricks at the Parish Office
As we leave Manaoag, I remember a favorite Bible verse: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

Previous: Binmaley: Pangasinan Mapping Part 1
Also read: Lingayen, Pangasinan Mapping Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment