Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Here Comes the Month of Love

Here comes the month of love. Here comes again one of the most highly commercialized month. And it is depressing to see stuffed toys, flowers, and chocolates all over the newspapers and on display in malls and stores. Yes, it is a bit depressing because I don't have a decent romantic love life. But yes, love exists in my life in the form of filial love, love for my passions, love for the important people in my life. It's just that I hate the idea of giving flowers and gifts on Valentine's Day. It encourages consumerism. It encourages a materialistic view of love. Being an old-fashioned girl, I'd rather get well written letters or poems.

So anyway, at this moment, I am taking a break from preparing exams. A few numbers and I'm good to go. While doing it, I am listening to songs by Sin Bandera, one of my favorite bands ever for their soulful and mellow music. In particular, I am listening to "Entra en mi vida" over and over again. It is one of the most romantic songs I have ever heard. It's about falling in love with someone one has just met.



I guess this month will see me listening to Sin Bandera more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment