Saturday, February 25, 2012

Budget Date with Myself

Yesterday I dated myself. Since I have no time to ask around who wants to go on a date with me, I decided to just spend the whole day alone. I brought with me a little over P100 since I have to be extra thrifty in order to prepare for necessary expenses for the excavations this summer. I've done this before and it always amazes me how I am still able to survive on such a meager budget.

First I had to go to my alma mater. Since it was so hot, I was prompted to buy carrot-melon shake (P30). Then I proceeded to the library to return some books and to pay overdue fines amounting to P10. For lunch, I finally tried the potato twists located along Foodtrip Strip. With a buy 1 take 1 promo, I'm sold to spend P30. It's like eating 2 pieces of potatoes together with oil and lots of vetsin. I didn't mind. My tongue is craving for anything salty these days. (And I couldn't stop thinking about nachos, tacos, and taco-flavored Doritos.)

Off to Shangrila Mall in Mandaluyong to attend the New Zealand Film Festival. It's for free, so all the better for me  who's short on money. I watched the documentary "The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls", about Jools and Linda Topps who inspired change through their performances, as well as 'Sione's Wedding", about good-for-nothing men who must find girlfriends to attend their friend's wedding.

In between the two films, I had a light snack at Jollibee. I tried their chicken and mushroom pasta (P55), paying only P5 because I brought a GC worth P50. Tastes bad. It's one of those fake pasta. The sauce smells like vetsin. There are no chicken bits so I wonder why they call it CHICKEN and mushroom pasta. It's got slices of button mushroom though. And the serving's really SMALL. These days it just isn't practical to eat at Jollibee. You don't get your money's worth.

Transportation expenses add up to less than P60. So all in all, I spent less than P150. Not bad. I'm looking forward to my next date with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment