Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chao Yang Chinese Cuisine (HK) 02162013

On our last night in Hong Kong, we had dinner at Chao Yang Chinese Cuisine, a rather posh restaurant in iSQUARE. The shopping mall is located at Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui. The location is perfect, as my last solo tour was just around the area, after having gone to Shau Kei Wan. The restaurant was almost packed  when we arrived there at around 7PM.







Truth be told though, I prefer the simple food we ate at Temple Street, Yau Ma Tei. For some reason, I don't like the stiff and formal look of food in fancy restaurants. Food easily gets cold, and there's the absence of steamy dishes served in front of you.

To be fair though, I enjoyed the evening dinner, but more so the beautiful views outside the glass walls. There's always a feeling of nostalgia after seeing a manifestation of beauty and what's left is a blurred representation in the mind. And as we were nearing the end of the dinner, I cast one last long look outside and tried to imagine the view in my mind, eyes closed. I am afraid that the brightly colored lights would fade in memory. Happy times are fleeting, and so are memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment