Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tsim Sha Tsui 0214/162013

We arrived at Hong Kong on Valentine's Day. After lunch, while my relatives recharge themselves at the hotel, I roamed the streets of Tsim Sha Tsui armed with just a map. And a terrible explorer I was. I planned to go to the History and Science museums but ended up in the opposite direction--- to Victoria Harbour! Still I was happy to get lost because the Avenue of the Stars is part of my to-see list.


We had lunch in Macau Restaurant where food is good but people are rude.

Space Museum was unfortunately closed following the Chinese New Year. SAD!

Andy Warhol and his famous Marilyn Monroe art at the Hong Kong Museum of Art

View from above. There were many tourists...

sign says "Pop Art is for everyone"

outside the museum café. very typical of Westerners to read newspapers in this place.

At the Avenue of the Stars

Bruce Lee´s signature pose at the Avenue of the Stars

I smelled this treat from afar and traced it to a small kiosk selling jerky squid for HKL 30.  YUMMY! Except I felt like I was chewing forever.

Health Education, Exhibition, and Resource Center, near Kowloon Park

Van Lau´s "Ribbon", a sculpture crafted to commemorate the  fight against AIDS and HIV , as explained by  the text caption accompanying it.


I saw this in one of the scenes of "My Date with a Vampire"!!! :)

I saw and befriended this man who was feeding birds in Kowloon Park. I spoke in Mandarin, he answered in Cantonese. I realized I could understand him a little.
On February 16, I continued exploring Tsim Sha Tsui. This is after I went to Shau Kei Wan. This time, I got off at Jordan Station and walked. I almost lost my map when it slipped out of my coat pocket unnoticed and for a moment, I panicked though at that time I was just along Nathan Road. The thought of not being able to go to the places I wanted to go to scared me. At that time, I was already in the Antiquities and Monuments Office and I didn't want to leave without going to St. Andrews Church, and the Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre. Luckily, when I retraced my path, I found it lying on the road.

I had lunch here at 好好Restaurant, which claims to be the best Shanghai  restaurant. I ordered Beijing dumpling noodles and it was good.

St. Andrew's Church




A construction was in progress when I visited.

Hong Kong Museum of History

Hong Kong Science Museum

Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre which houses the History and Science Museums
Walking around a lot on our last day in Hong Kong, I decided to take the cab to the hotel after I saw the museums. I didn't go inside though, since it was already late in the afternoon and I promised my mom I would be back to the hotel early for our dinner.

The taxi driver was very friendly. We conversed in Mandarin. He even wished me a Happy Chinese New Year when I got off the cab.

Found out that I was too early so I took a two-hour nap. We would be waking up early tomorrow morning for the airport and I needed all the rest that I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment