Thursday, July 6, 2017

Dohtonbori 12222016

H and I make it a point to meet at least once a year. She is four years my junior, a Math wizard and a sudoku grandmaster. We got to know each other and became friends way back when I was about to finish high school and she was just about to complete grade school. Both of us were exposed to competitions, she excelled in Math whereas I was the jill of all trades, master of none. But then because she is much more focused, she is able to create a niche in a field she loves so much. I, on the other hand, loves life in general, so much so that focusing on just one thing is out of the question. 

December of last year was when we last met, after my two travels and I just want to update her on my research. She has been helpful in introducing me to her friend and fellow Math coach based in Mindanao. Although the friend and I failed to meet, at least we were able to communicate and I was able to express my interest in their school for my research.

So anyway, she is up to whatever I like, probably because she doesn't go out much. She has been to many countries for competitions up until now and I am a bit jealous because she gets to travel a lot. But then those are the kind of travels that are highly structured because of course the contests are the primary reason, the field trips are just an added bonus. I still prefer to travel the way I like, on a shoestring budget, getting to interact with locals, and really discovering things on my own. So anyway, we both agreed to dine at Dohtonbori.

Super yummy pancakes but the price makes our wallets bleed. But then it's something that we both would like to visit again. For me, anything with seaweeds and bonito flakes are sure to be yummified!

H's order of meat okonomiyaki (I didn't get to take a photo of my squid mix)

a bit of oil then this, like you would cook a pancake

must be on low fire; it takes long to cook (the two are rice balls)

the awesome sweet  sauce

mayo and seaweeds

and top with lots of bonito flakes



No comments:

Post a Comment