Thursday, January 26, 2012

Disoriented

On the way to school from work, I took the bus where I fell asleep some 20 minutes after boarding it. I was just so tired and so stressed out from all the things that are happening all at once. For one, I'm feeling the pressure to submit all the requirements ASAP because I really need to graduate this summer. Second, I'm no longer happy with my job seeing that there are lots of negative people out there who take pleasure in making people feel bad, not to mention those who resort to backstabbing and conjuring exaggerated stories to make a person look bad.

So that's my situation now. Somehow, going to UP makes me feel better. I had an order of nachos at Foodtrip Strip today. It costs P40 and it's good. (And yes, I promised myself to support this little kiosk since it's the only stall aside from the one at CASAA that has nachos... I think.) Somehow, Mexican food lifts my spirits up.

Upon arriving home, I went straight to sleep. About two hours later, I woke up. For once, it felt as though I were looking at the world from the eyes of a stranger. Everything seemed strange, so unfamiliar. I looked around me, wondering what time it is already. I looked at the window and saw that it's partially dark. I thought to myself, shit, I'm gonna be late for work. Then I remembered my sisters who were supposed to share the bed with me. Waking up on their territory, I thought, where were they? Did they leave home without waking me up? Then it struck me, what day is today? I'm so dead. Feeling weak still, I went back to sleep, telling myself not to worry if ever I were late or whatever.

Minutes later, someone walked into the room. It was my sister and she had just gotten back from work. She told me to move a little to give her some space to sleep on their territory. I obliged, half-awake. Then it dawned on me that what I just experienced a while ago was disorientation. I realized that it was already 6pm. I remembered that, oh yeah, I already got back from work and school. It was a scary feeling. I thought I were transported to another world. (Though I think that would be most welcome at the moment to once again escape from my duties.)

I wonder what causes disorientation. I found some answers here. I think that maybe there are a combination of causes in my case. For instance, I suspect anemia, high anxiety level, forgetfulness, concentration difficulty, and possibly hypoglycemia. Sometimes I think I am working a little too hard. I need to find relaxation soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment