Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Philippine Fengshan Temple

The Philippine Fengshan Temple was open to the public late last year. It is one of the projects of the Philippine Nan-An Association. Last October, my father invited me to join the "dian yan" ceremony. Basically, a monk is invited to "make the saints alive". I said yes because it is a rare opportunity to witness such an event, at least for me. At that time, I forgot to bring my camera with me. The ceremony was NOT enjoyable to say the least. Tears welled in the eyes because of the heavy concentration of incense. And then there were loud firecrackers which I hate a lot.

But anyway, I told my dad that if ever he's going to visit the temple, he should let me go with him. Last December, I had my chance. My mom also joined us.

note the intricate designs and the two pillars with dragon designs. My dad says that highly skilled craftsmen were flown from Mainland China for this temple.

the inside of the temple showing ShengGong and ShengMa. Red and gold colors complement each other well and give off a very rich impression

both walls inside the temple are lined up with artworks depicting the story of Shengong.

And I must admit that the one thing I was looking forward to after our visit here was a trip to Cafe France as promised by my father. But we had lunch late in the afternoon.

My mom and I love the grilled chicken salad. I love the pizza best. Really yummy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment