Thursday, January 12, 2012

Doraemon

Ever since my elementary days, I have always been a fan of Doraemon. The idea of a robot sent from the future to the 1970s to help a hopeless boy named Nobita Nobi was very interesting. And more interesting still is that Doraemon has a front pocket from which he pulls out gadgets of various uses to help Nobita. These gadgets of course are more often than not, abused by Nobita. This results in ironic endings wherein Nobita ends up all the more the loser.

Seeing packed Doraemon comics at Booksale made me nostalgic. Memories of those days, when I would borrow Chinese comics from my Chinese classmates, flood my mind. Those days, Doraemon became my primary motivation for studying Chinese mainly because how on earth can I comprehend the comics if I didn't understand Chinese? So I guess I have Doraemon to thank for my Chinese language skills.

So anyway, last December, while doing my regular rounds at Booksale, I chanced upon Doraemon comics and didn't hesitate to buy volumes 5 to 16. These are translated to Filipino but it's okay since I need to read Filipino texts more often, too. (Yes, I'm planning to read Filipino novels this year and I'm talking about serious Filipino novels.)

Here are pics of my beloved Doraemon comics:

Note the freebies: pencils and a Doraemon toy :)

me and my Doraemon stuffs





 And I learned from my students that GMA7 will be airing the series again soon. I hope I'll be able to catch even a few episodes.



No comments:

Post a Comment