Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Emoing: It's More Fun in the Ordinary Bus!

The "It's more fun in the Philippines" slogan is very contagious. So tonight I write the most emo lines. Write for example, "It's more fun to emo in an ordinary bus!"


It all started early this week when I happened to get inside a bus which played my favorite songs. One of them was David Pomeranz's "On This Day" which spirited me away to the land of fantasy. As the wind blows through my hair, I close my eyes and savor each word and each melody. This is one of those songs that easily arrests one's heart. The first time I heard this on the radio many years back, I thought to myself, this IS my wedding song. And even at present I still tell myself, this is really really THE wedding song.

And tonight the bus I took played "Out of the Blue" by my favorite band ever, Michael Learns to Rock. Ever since I heard their "Nothing to Lose", I craved for their every song. In highschool, I considered buying original CDs of just two bands and one of them was MLTR. (The other one was Linkin Park.)

Every time I'm inside the bus, I cannot help but think of my love life and the lack thereof. And when there's nice music, all the more do I think of my future love life. I think about supreme happiness and sadness derived from love. I think about the many broken hearts, the reasons why couples break up, the passion of loving someone to the point of breaking... Of these my favorite is the last. Because passion for me is what keeps a person alive amidst the absurdities of life.

So who says taking an ordinary bus is no fun? The speed, the wind, the roar of the motor, and occasionally the nostalgic songs...

1 comment: