Saturday, September 15, 2012

From Multiply 002: Bloody Butterfly

Everywhere is an invisible mirror
I can see you clearly from here
I can see how you flutter your wings
How you dance from one flower to another.

How I’d love to touch your rainbow body
A gift from Heaven when others were asleep
You, who shine like a prism diamond,
Is the sole delight of my hungry eyes.

One day, I pray I’d get my wish
The stars conspire with the moon, the moon with the sun
And the rosy dawn urges you to come near me
Ah, you dance in front of me like an innocent fairy!

You perform for me your lovely steps of seduction
I look at you, enchanted by a goddess
The day wears on and the Purple Princess takes her reign
You change your color to a bright shade of crimson.

Every step is pain, every flutter is sorrow
The dance you perform is the dance of death
Suited to one who torments the feelings of others,
Yet offered to one who weeps in agony over a broken heart.

I watch you transform into a lonely maiden
Blood is your garment and steely eyes your weapon
A cold apparition knowing neither joy nor pain
The invisible barrier goes between us.

No matter how hard I try to break the mirror
It does not move, the silent witness of self-destruction!
You approach me and we pretend to hold each other
The pain of not being able to embrace!

Tears touch the wall but the wall coldly ignores
Your blood is flowing freely but you don’t mind
My voice is silently shouting and you look at me
With that beautiful unfeeling gaze of yours.

The moon offers a drop of melancholia
And the whole world is clothed in a shade of blue
Your shining blood is the only other color
And the scent of honey overwhelms me.

You give out the first whine of your existence
And the wall is shattered into a million pieces
I reach for you, to clothe your nudity
But you prefer the warm flow of your blood.

I hug you from the deepest part of me
I share in all you have, even your blood
If time stops now, I would not mind
I want us to stay like this forever.

But the stars conspire once more with the moon,
And the moon, with her consort, the sun
To cleanse the world of blood-stained creatures
You must vanish into nothing, my butterfly!

Ah, I am left all alone in this strange world
The silent dance that imitates the cycle of life
The broken gazes that uncover our emotions
Are thorns I dare not pluck out from my heart.

I slash my chest open without second thought
And took out my heart still pulsing with life
Blood goes out of my body but I care not
And a small white butterfly approaches…


Dec 18, '07 5:50 AM
for Miracle's network

No comments:

Post a Comment