Saturday, September 22, 2012

Science Books

Lately I have noticed that my book purchases are related to the sciences. Ever since I became interested in chaos and also in cognitive psychology (the latter thanks to Colin Renfrew whose archaeological theories I truly admire despite obvious minor flaws), I suddenly have this thirst for the sciences.

Just yesterday, I intentionally passed by Booksale to see if I can find something to but since it's been weeks since my last book purchase.

I was delighted to find Volume 42 of Great Books which contains Antoine Laurent Lavoisier's Elements of Chemistry and Michael Faraday's Experimental Researches in Electricity. I also bought an introductory textbook on cognitive psychology entitled Cognitive Science: An Introduction to the Study of Mind by Jay Friedenberg andd Gordon Silverman, as well as Arnoldo Has and Dean Wilde's The Delta Project: Discovering New Sources of Profitability in a Networked Economy.

Years back, I wouldn't have even given these types of books a second look when at a bookstore. It just surprises me how tastes can also change through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment