Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reflections on the Overpass


On the overpass.

Endless lights against
The darkening sky with
Scattered pink and violet colors.

Cool breeze
Yet a warmth
Undefined
When thoughts of you invade my mind.

I look down
Thousands of light pairs
From cars plying the road down.
Crowded streets,
Too many people.

“In this world inhabited by billions of people,
What are the chances that I will see you again?”
Always in my thoughts.

I don’t even remember what you look like,
[Only you were a rosy-cheeked happy boy]
I even committed a grave sin
Of forgetting your name.
Was it Emmanuel? [Something like that]
I only remember those times when
We were seatmates in 2nd grade.
Then we became friends.
It’s all Johnny Bravo’s fault.
Or maybe Cow and Chicken’s.
Before you came, I only loved
Ninja Robots, Yaiba, and Dexter.
But you danced to me that silly dance,
Calling out, “Hey, momma!”
Silly, silly boy you were,
But you sure did create a special memory
Which until now I cherish and hold dear.
I wonder if you still are that
Cheerful, lively lad.
I wonder if you dance for a different lady now.
Either way I do hope you are happy
Wherever you are.
The thoughts of you make me smile
In times of loneliness.

And for that, I can only
Wait for the fates to make our paths cross again.

I don’t remember the first words you said,
Heck, I must admit I couldn’t hear
Your sweet little voice.
Everyday I wonder why you wouldn’t want
Your angelic voice be clearly heard.
Or maybe that’s why I find it all the more
Endearing, adorable
Because it is so difficult to get the words you say.
I remember the iced tea
The offer to treat me lunch
I remember talking about animé,
You loved Gundam Seed,
Yaoi, and you said
You play the piano.
I have always longed for the time
I would sit on your feet while you play
Chopin’s Etude in E Tristesse
[If it’s not too much to ask]
I remember those chicken sandwiches and thought
Life would be so wonderful if
I could wake up everyday with sandwiches you
Lovingly prepare.
I wish I could tell you how much
It hurts having this heart keep
Memories of you:
Your plump [sexy for me] figure
Your quirky, childlike ways
Your words of encouragement…

And for that, I can only
Wait for the fates to make our paths cross again.

I remember our first encounter.
I was awed, impressed
Okay, a bit intimidated.
I conjured images of you in my mind.
[Only the fact that you have curly hair is correct]
I remember one time
You changed your avatar into Tuxedo Mask
Sailormoon’s lover.
Maybe I was assuming a lot
It made me giddy
Because I have always proclaimed,
“Dea lvnae svm!”
And so, I deeply wish you
And I would meet one day
In China, in Canada, doesn’t matter.
Just let me see you in person
Even for just one second.
Then I think I’d know bliss
from the workings of fate.

And for that, I can only
Wait for the fates to make our paths cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment