Saturday, April 5, 2014

Filling Station Bar and Cafe

When food in a restaurant is extra pricey, I tend to just ignore it. But it was a good move to say yes to an invitation to try Royal Bellagio Hotel's Filling Station Bar and Cafe.

The moment we were dropped off at the hotel last month, my initial thoughts went like, "SHIT! This area feels like Ermita, with establishments full of foreigners!" And we all know what reputation a place with many male foreigners has...

But when we stepped inside the Filling Station, we were like WOW! Full of vintage stuffs from rotary dial phones to statue of music icons of the 60s and the 70s to pop culture icons. Even the music being played was those from the bygone era. The place is very much what I imagine American diners are like. I think old folks would surely love it here as it will feel like they've stepped back in time. I told my partner I'd like to date someone here. But she reminded me the place isn't even romantic. Yeah, but I guess romance is not for me.




But best of all is the food. I had turmeric chicken (P360). It's a somewhat big piece of tender chicken fillet bursting with flavors. I never liked chicken fillet until this. And the atchara that accompanies it is perfect! Note that I don't normally like atchara because of the vinegar but I found myself liking this one here because it's a bit sweet and one can make it extra spicy with a piece of red chili.


I also took out a blueberry muffin (P110). It was somewhat good but could have held more blueberry filling. My sisters found it too sweet though.

Will I go back? If I have the moolah, why not? I'd love to try their other [expensive] dishes.

Also, I'd like to one day stay at one of Royal Bellagio Hotel's theme rooms...

Royal Bellagio Hotel Makati
Address: 5010 P. Burgos Street, Poblacion, Makati City 1210
Phone:(02) 899 5555

No comments:

Post a Comment