Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mexicali/ Captain America Date 04052014

Early this month, my sisters were talking about meeting up with a college friend, with plans to watch Captain America. Since I met their friend during another friend's wedding last year, my sisters allowed me to join them. So after practice, with me bringing my bulky instrument with me, I headed to SM North and was pleasantly surprised to find them at Mexicali in The Block. They know very well that I love Mexican food but that time was a wrong time because I was trying to be extra thrifty after having bought an expensive gadget and I still felt guilty at not having allotted money for savings for quite some time now due to consecutive travels.

We could have transferred somewhere where food is cheaper but I also miss my fave tacos so despite my internal struggle we ended up dining at Mexicali.

clockwise: nachos, more nachos with taco, quesadilla, vegetarian soft taco
I was already tired the whole day because I was on remote work and I was a bit stressed in practice because I saw how good my teacher was and I guess I wanted to achieve that level in the shortest possible time. I was thinking maybe I was dumping P220 down the drain again because I might end up sleeping inside the theater, but I was wrong.

Captain America: Winter Soldier is, pretty much like the well-loved Avengers film and other associated movies, far from boring. Lots of action and really cool fighting scenes, especially those that involve the super hot Black Widow though I found her rather too matured in this movie and I liked her better in Avengers. (WHEN ARE THEY MAKING A MOVIE ABOUT BLACK WIDOW???)  It's also in this movie where I appreciated Nick Fury's role. I was scared he would die but during the morgue scene, something in me was saying that such a man is hard to kill and I suspected he was just faking his death. So in the latter part when it was revealed he was still alive, I just couldn't refrain from exclaiming, "OURS IS THE FURY!!!"

And there's the extra hot Bucky Barnes, Captain America's friend from way back who was also injected with the same serum that would grant him great powers. He looks like a rock star! {drools} Needless to say, I feel sorry for the man because he suffered from amnesia and couldn't remember his friendship with Steve Rogers. I had watched Captain America: First Avenger and I liked his character because he was always there to back up his then skinny and loser friend. I just hope Steve Rogers die in the next film and Bucky will replace him as the new Captain America. hihi

AAAAAAND... Another cool character shows up: Falcon! I love how he's an expert in flying his machine, that even without superhuman powers he is able to lend a hand to Captain America to defeat HYDRA. Now things are getting extra interesting.

And did I say that Captain America: Winter Soldier boasts of two other female SHIELD officers, aside from Black Widow, who turn out to have guts and who are also good at fighting? 

More movies about the Avengers please.

No comments:

Post a Comment