Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mey Lin Bistro

The day after I ate at Hotel Bellagio Hotel's Filling Station, I roamed around Buendia. I initially planned to have lunch at Corner Tree Cafe because I heard that they serve healthy vegetarian food. Since I was not that familiar with the area and was already walking for a long time and mind you, it was already noontime, I decided to stop by the first restaurant that will catch my attention. Now Jupiter Street has MANY restaurants along it but one resto caught my eye, Mey Lin Bistro in Jupiter Place Building. I guess I must love Chinese food after all since I ALWAYS am attracted to Chinese restaurants.

Ansio Beef noodles (P170)
 Because the restaurant prides itself in making wonderful hand-pulled noodles (or LAMIAN), I decided to see for myself. Now I don't know if I have already written about this before but the Japanese ramen (which is more popular) actually just originated from the Chinese LAMIAN 拉麵 (/la.mien/). (I always remind people of this because come on, you should know where food really originated from, IMHO, to give credit to the culture that produced it.)

The noodles are indeed very good, with that QQ quality. I was not expecting this because I thought maybe it's just one of the many lamian establishments (and a pricier one at that). My order also came with three HUGE beef chunks, with fats. WOW. I LOVE it even though doctors often tell me to lessen my intake of hard meat. Oh, and the dish also had half a boiled egg. (I wish I had known there would be an egg beforehand to request to have a raw egg instead which I would stir in my soup while it's still hot... hotpot style.)
Xiaolongbao (P110)
 And seeing xiaolongbao on their menu, how can I resist? Good xiaolongbao is not that common here in the Philippines but I'm happy to have known at least 3 establishments where they are served. Unfortunately, my order this time failed me... terribly. (My noodles came first and I was happy with it so I set high expectations for xiaolongbao...) There's soup inside... CHECK. But no shrimp! (To be fair though, xiaolongbao doesn't really need to have shrimp but I want mine WITH it.)

little girl is satisfied... BURP!
Will I go back? YES! The restaurant has a LOT of items on their menu that I considered not eating lamian that day. I'll want to bring my sisters with me here so we can share the food and they can foot the bill.

Additional 5% service charge applies.

Mey Lin Bistro
G/F Jupiter Place Bldg.
136-138 Jupiter St.
Bel-Air, Makati
(02) 899-8999

No comments:

Post a Comment