Saturday, April 12, 2014

MUNI Biyaheng Lokal Quiz Night 04112014

In my student days, I was an avid fan of quizbees. It all started in grade school when I was suddenly selected to participate in Battle of the Brains and after winning we were rewarded with a cash prize. It opened me to the idea of winning money through general trivia and putting to good use my knowledge of many facts gained from reading the encyclopedia and fiction.

Last night was the first time in many years that I joined again a quizbee. This time, it's all about travel since I've taken up the hobby two years ago after quitting school and gaining a full time job. Since I travel to know more about the culture, history, and the health of environment of the places I visit and since I also consider myself an environmentalist, I wanted to take this opportunity to get to know like-minded people who care about social enterprise, free trade, responsible travel, and sustainable tourism. Another goal is to win awesome prizes, too, since according to their Facebook fan page, tour package prizes are also up for grabs. Now this is perfect since I'm itching to travel soon but my financial situation hasn't improved yet.

And I'm more than happy to have attended the event last night. Never mind that the venue was in Katipunan (friends know I hate going there because it's hard to commute), all I thought about was perhaps there's something I could learn by just being there. Indeed, I discovered there are very active groups out there which have been on the move to make this country a better place. I was like, WOW! More than inspired, I'm dared to move!

see that? My name tag says "A1"... coz I was the very first one to arrive at the scene (I was that excited!)
The event was not possible without the following generous sponsors:
Route +63
Trail adventours
TriboCo. Kultura Kamp
Brownman Surf
Culture Shock PH
Lagu
Gouache
TALA LUNA
Moonleaf Tea Shop
RuMe Philippines
Kawil Tours (The Culion-Coron Palawan Expeditions)
Brown Belly
Jertie's Kitchen and Brown Sugar Pastries

But of course, thanks to MUNI PH for organizing this wonderful event. Hoping for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment