Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Korean Airlines

For someone who's used to travelling on a budget, I cringe whenever I hear about expensive plane tickets when budget carriers are already in existence which allow even ordinary (and poor, like me) people to realize their dreams of travelling to different parts of the world. That has been one big on-going project of mine and I'm taking baby steps towards realizing it. Hopefully I get to travel to at least one new country each year. For the love of travel and of knowing new things, God knows how hard I work! But it would be even greater if I could have someone to sponsor my trips. LOL

Who would have thought that this year I would have the chance to get inside a more posh aircraft aside from that of Cebu Pacific. This year I had second thoughts about joining a tour in Korea because for one, tours do not allow one to really engage in a place in a meaningful way. All one does is hop inside the tour bus, go down, have your pics taken, go home and post pics on FB but there is no real depth to that experience. It is shallow, uninteresting, and definitely not for me who am fond of walking long distances.

Despite that, I said yes. Not out of love for my father whom I think would need my assistance since the last time he went on a trip with his friends he was sent to the hospital. I'm not the world's most dutiful daughter. My reason is more on the selfish side, this is an opportunity to go to Korea. If I were to wait for my friends to I wonder at what age I will be able to go there. At least the tour would be like a survey for me, if I liked the place, if there are places worthy of visit (i.e. Museums, historical places, big temples), then I'd definitely go back. I'm pretty sure there are many historical places like palaces and these are quite popular in their historical dramas.

Very roomy interiors with 9 seats per row instead of the usual 6

Entertainment consisting of music, movies, books, and even games

I had chicken instead of beef bibimbap but used my dad's leftover chili paste
Anyway, the plane craft was really nice. It was the first time I got inside a big one so pardon my post about it. I was awed at how they took into consideration a passenger's need to kill time with their all in one console. They even had classical music!

Excited, I opted to watch a Spanish comedy film entitled Ochos apellidos. It is about a man from Seville who fell in love with a girl from the Basque region. They met in Seville and after a one night stand, the man pursued the girl all the way to the Basque and pretended to be of that region. He had to to get the girl since the Basque is a fiercely separatist region. It's witty and funny and I honestly enjoyed it because of many comedic elements although I'm not really into romcoms. I guess I'm more interested in knowing more about the culture of the Basque region more than anything else. 
______________________________________________________
This is the first time I blogged while away on a trip. Will have to do this more often to prevent backlogs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment