Saturday, October 11, 2014

Reminders

It's been a looooong time since I wrote something here in my blog. Just that for the last couple of months I had been too busy with a lot of things. Not that I am complaining; we all know getting busy is the best cure to a single heart. But because I was suddenly flooded with chores and there were just too many events I could not say no to (thus most times I would just end up in bed as soon as I arrive home), I have unfortunately neglected writing altogether. In fact even my non-digital diary is suffering from blank pages so I guess I'll have to find a way to spend time alone to rethink the recent past and to put them on paper.

Just why the obsession to accumulate records, you might ask. This is actually a project I have taken, a personal project supposedly, but which I don't mind sharing with strangers on the net. The reason being there is a huge chance that I'll end up a single woman and I hope that if that happens I can look back and see what I've done here on earth. It's just to somehow cushion the harsh blows of reality and see in my old age that at the very least, I tried to live a fruitful life despite the immanent chaos and the lack of meaning. It's a record of struggles and happy times, of different experiences which helped make life bearable, which somehow pushes me to live again tomorrow, and the day after....

In short, this blog is a reminder of things done and of things yet to be done.

For instance, some of the things I should have written about are:
1. My first ever time to join a group of strangers in a trek to a waterfalls in Laguna. At first, I was scared alright but before the day ended, I felt as if I have known some of them for a long time already.

2. My trip to HK where I got to hang out with my cousins whom I haven't seen for soooo long. I think it's been almost 20 years! And I got to know our other relatives there. Big plus includes getting to hike twice in that place known for shopping and Disneyland. And how can I forget the four museums that I visited??? Never mind the fact that my itinerary was ruined because of visits to relatives but oh well, we never see each other that often. I just wished I was able to prepare something really uniquely Filipino like for example cloth from Ilocos and the like as gifts for them.

View of Hong Kong from the Museum of Art in Tsim Sha Tsui
Tsui

3. Chino's violin recital last month where I was left utterly impressed. There just is something in him now that is sooo attractive. Well it helps that he decided to do away with the moustache hehe. I also discovered that he's soft-spoken. (I wonder if he'll be annoyed at me if he were to know me better since I'm too boyish and too well, too unladylike, in a word.)

4. The books I have finished reading but which I did not have time to write reviews. Oh well, it's not as if I was able to read many books these days given my ultra hectic schedule.

5. The conference I attended last month where I presented my paper. On second thought I might not write about it since there really wasn't much to say except that I was extra happy to have received free books for being a presentor. The books are in Filipino and are composed of essays on Philippine literature. Welcome addition to my already gigantic book collection. (reminder to suggest to the parents that I NEED big bookshelves in our room. I hope the sisters do not mind.)

6. The advanced Christmas wishlist. Doesn't matter if year after year I do not get the things I truly wish for but what the heck, making one is fun JUST BECAUSE. (never mind that nobody reads it or takes note of it. LOL!)

So there. Backlogs again so I'm not writing about my recent food trips except of course Ganeeza in Fisher Mall since I think I knew what 'love at first sight'... I mean, BITE. I now know where I can find some comfort when depression kicks in. And oh yeah, I prefer to shop there than say SM. SM is just too damn crowded I'm always eager to get out the moment I enter.

So anyway, this post just ended up with a few reminders (or things my readers can expect in the days to come).

Note: I can't believe I just blogged using my tablet. Maybe I ought to do this more often so I can blog anytime anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment