Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Aligue Pasta and Tuyo Pasta

Yesterday I successfully cooked tuyo pasta. I didn't make it spicy even though recently I just bought Lee Kum Kee chili oil and packs of various pasta types to last me at least five months since I will be embarking on a major project soon and I need to have tighter grip on my moolah.

The day before, I had aligue pasta. For both dishes I used angel hair pasta, which I have been wanting to do for a long time now. Angel hair pasta easily cooks and the sauce sticks easily because of its very small diameter. Thing is, I seldom see angel hair pasta in grocery stores.

Aligue Pasta:

Sautée garlic and add a spoon of aligue. I got mine bottled, taken home by my sister. Then add pasta. Mix a little and then you're good to go.

A piece of porkchop, leftover from dinner the night before, accompanied my pasta. It was from Tasty Dumplings because just last Sunday we had early dinner there after mass.

Tuyo Pasta:

Sautée garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Add the tuyo flakes and chopped tomatoes. (Good thing we have two leftover from Saturday breakfast.) Toss in cooked angel hair pasta. Add more olive oil as needed, to make sure that the noodles are well-oiled. Mix.

I topped this with a few pieces of pork tocino which we had for breakfast.



I have stopped eating breakfast again because I'd rather have longer sleeping time. It sucks not to have househelp. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment