Saturday, December 26, 2015

Halloween 2015

On Halloween, I visited the Light's grave in Taytay. I almost didn't recognize the area where her tomb was because other tombs suddenly mushroomed around. I lighted two candles, and left sweets, cookies from HK, and biscuits from Mexico. She would have been delighted to eat those were she still with us.
On the way, I got hungry so I had quick lunch at a small Japanese resto. My order was pork tonkatsu. Now, I'm not fond of pork but I had no choice. It was the cheapest that was available. The meat was too thin but made to look thick by the batter and bread crumbs. Fairly decent but it feels like consuming oil and grease.

looks yummy to a hungry gal on a budget
one can barely see the meat...
 After that, I met up with Archaeo boy and we had dinner, his treat, at Salliano's Restaurant & Bar in Marikina. I love Marikina when it's not raining. It's probably the cleanest city in NCR. It was the first time that I had Spam fries. Basically it's spam sliced like thick French fries, battered, then fried. It's amazing except I'm not a big fan of Spam so I only had a few pieces. We also had chips and the bestseller garden salad. Love the walnuts in the salad.

Light's tomb
Then off I rushed to SM North EDSA to have a date with my sister. The mall was having a Garfield exhibit and my sister, a Garfield fan despite her age, wanted to have her pics taken. I was late, many thanks to the traffic, and she was a bit mad about it but we still had dinner at Lugang Café in The Block.

xiaolongbao: good enough but Shi LIn's still the best!

xiaolongbao up close

beef noodles: This I LOVE!

fried spring rolls: I thoroughly appreciated the vinegar dip. Didn;t enjoy this that much though normally I'm a fan of spring rolls. Probably because I have had too much of fried food for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment